Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
** MINIMUM HIRE IS TWO DAYS**CLOSED SUNDAYS AND BANK HOLIDAYS
We hire all our 125 cc bikes if the following conditions are met:
- Hirers be aged between 21 and 70
- Must hold any one of the following
- A valid full or provisional car licence plus a CBT pass certificate
- Valid motorcycle licence class A1
- Valid motorcycle licence class A2
- All hirers aged between 21-22 years must be free of any convictions or accidents other than proven non-fault accidents. Minor offences could be acceptable under specific conditions. Please call us for more details.
Basic terms for hiring of any motorcycle 600c or over:
- Be aged between 21 and 70 depending on the aged related restrictions.
- Hold a full Class A motorcycle licence for at least 2 years.
Conditions for Hire:
- A rental agreement will be fully completed and signed by all hirers.
- A minimum hire period is 2 days (excluding weekends).
- Weekend Hire rate is from 10 am Friday to 4pm Monday (excluding Bank holidays). The weekly rate is seven days over one weekend.
- You can hire any bike subject to availability
- You must provide 2 means of identification in addition to both parts of your current driving licence i.e. passport, bank statement or card statement belonging to the card used for booking(not more than 14 days old or not more than one month old in extreme cases), public utility bill (not more than 3 months old)
- You must decide the dates and the model of the bike before confirming the booking as the full payment we take for the hire period is non – refundable. Also, there is no full or part refund if the bike is returned early or is not collected or the booking is cancelled.
- We will take a deposit ranging between £500 and £2500 depending on the bike hired.
- We will refund your deposit back after the vehicle is returned and is not damaged. We would inspect the bike for damages if any. However, the bike’s inspection may be delayed if it was returned dirty and needs to be washed/cleaned.
- Please note that we will not offer any or all refunds on rentals paid if the bike is damaged by you within the hire period. We also do not replace the bike for the same period.
- You will be covered with breakdown assistance in case the bike breaks down, an accident or an error made by you example lost keys or wrong type of fuel. However, you will be responsible and charged accordingly for repairs, loss, damage, relay, recovery and or repatriation.
- We forbid the use of any of our vehicles racing, pace-making, speed testing, rallies, trials, competitions, or use on any motor sport circuit. We also do not allow the bike to be used for carriage of passengers for hire or reward.
- Please notify us of all your driving offences prior to hire for us to make sure if they are acceptable to our insurers. Failure to do so in advance may result in the refusal of hire and loss of rental charge.
- Whilst we are able to hire to customers with some endorsements on their licence, there are certain endorsements which for insurance reasons restrict our ability to supply a vehicle. A hirer can hold up to 6 penalty points on their licence for speeding and we can also accommodate some road traffic offences. We cannot supply to anyone with a DR, BA, UT, or DD code on their licence within the last 5 years. If you have a CD code or any other offence code you are unsure about, please contact us for clarification.
- EU travel is available on request (additional charges apply). Please contact us for details.
- Gift Vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash and are valid for 1 Year only.
- You are responsible for all speeding tickets, parking fines, toll charges and any other chargeable offences.
- ALL PENALTY CHARGES THAT ARE DEALT WITH BY OUR COMPANY WILL INCUR AN ADMINISTRATION CHARGE OF £20.00 + VAT PER ITEM.
- ALL CLAIMS THAT ARE DEALT WITH BY OUR COMPANY WILL INCUR A HANDLING CHARGE OF 10% PER ITEM.
- Hirers are responsible for all damages which include Tyre abuse (not normal wear and tear), punctures, using the bike while flat and ruining the tyre beyond repair. Although you are responsible for your own fuel, there is no rule that you have to bring it back with a certain amount of fuel provided you don’t bring it back empty.
- Cash transactions require a deposit of £500 to £1500 depending on your chosen model. Booking in advance online by credit card avoids disappointment and is our recommended way of reserving.
- Hirers need to be aware that they are responsible for theft of the motorcycle on hire to them, any damage, excess tyre wear, tyre damage and punctures. Throughout the duration of the hire, the hirer is responsible for checking engine oil levels and lubricating/ maintaining chain tensions. They are also responsible for replacing all fuel used. In the event of a bike being stolen the hirer will lose their deposit in full. They will not be issued with a refund for any time remaining on the hire period and will not be given a replacement bike. Keys and any accessories must be returned to Superbike Rental or the hirer will be responsible for further charges to cover the replacement. If the keys are not returned the hirer will be responsible for the entire value of the motorcycle on hire to them.
- In the event of an accident, theft or rider error, for example wrong fuel, loss of keys etc, you will be covered with breakdown assistance, however you will be responsible and charged accordingly for repairs, loss, damage, relay, recovery and or repatriation. The hire period agreed will end at this point with no refund or replacement bike.
- It is expressly forbidden to use any of our vehicles for competition, rally, trial, track day, motorcross, enduro events, performance test, race of trial of speed whether between motor vehicles or otherwise.
- Before any vehicles are released the hirer must provide his/her full driving licence, provisional licence and or CBT certificate if applicable and two utility bills to prove your address.
- When collecting your rental bike we will need to see your driving license, and two proofs of ID and address.
- Please note that we do not deliver the bikes hired from us. The hirer must be present to complete the hire agreement.
- The bikes need to be returned on the return date agreed as per the hire agreement latest by 16:30pm failing which the additional daily rate would be charged
- All AMEX card transactions will be charged a fee of 2 percent per transaction (Refunds included).
- We cannot hire to courier or delivery drivers as the hire insurance policy does not allow us to.
- Motorcycling is potentially a dangerous pastime! We would like to bring to your attention that Raceways Motorcycles does not provide personal accident, medical, travel insurance. We recommend that all of our clients purchase adequate travel insurance as you would for any personal holiday.
- Hirer will, upon signature of this Agreement, pay a deposit in the amount specified which will be refunded to Hirer upon termination of this Agreement provided that we will be entitled to retain the deposit in case of any damage to Vehicle. the deposit will be refunded to Hirer as soon as possible after completion of the repair and after we get a payout by the concerned insurance company.
- Hirer will return Vehicle, together with all tyres, tools, accessories and equipment in the same condition as when received, normal wear and tear excepted, to the place and on the date and time specified.
- PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS ON THE BACK OF THE HIRE AGREEMENT.
FOREIGN LICENSE HOLDERS
- Foreign license holders will also need to show their passport as an additional proof of ID when collecting. We only accept full license holders. They also need to give us a copy of their accommodation and travel details (hotel, itinerary,etc.) .Same age restrictions apply.
- Additional breakdown cover and Green Card Insurance should be taken out through us.
- Any driving convictions must be acceptable to our insurers, so please tell us of any convictions before reservation.
- Our experienced motorcycle riding staff will be pleased to give advice and answer any questions you may have.
CLOTHING RENTAL FOR ONLY £2 A DAY, PER CLOTHING ITEM
- We also do clothing rental. These include: gloves, helmets, over suits, throw over panniers, tank bags, rucksacks, leather jackets and jeans, including Kevlar clothing and boots.
- Some models have full hard Q/D luggage, this is optional and should be asked for when booking. Large discounts are available throughout the winter starting in October.
POLICY FOR BIKE SERVICING:
All payments must be made to Raceways Motorcycles before the Vehicle is released, If the Customer fails to pay the amount due, the vehicle will be retained and storage charges will accrue commencing at the end of a 24 hour collection period. The collection period commences when the Customer is informed that the vehicle is ready for collection.
If a Customer fails to contact Raceways Motorcycles and make arrangements to collect the repaired vehicle, or the Customer fails to collect the repaired vehicle before the collection period expires or on a date agreed with the Repairer, storage charges will accrue at a daily rate until the vehicle or item is collected.
REFUND POLICY FOR PARTS / ACCESSORIES
We are confident that you will be happy and satisfied with your purchases through our online shop. However; there may be occasions when you feel it necessary to return an item. You have the right to cancel the order for the purchase of any item within seven days of purchase and your payment shall be returned to you. This applies to all our products from the online shop. You can return the item by visiting our shop personally or by posting them to us. Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is faulty.
A used Helmet CANNOT be returned for a refund, unless it is proved to have a manufacturing fault.
• complete with ALL tags in place, helmet bag, manual, protective plastic on visor and any other associated parts supplied.
• the Pinlock Insert is NOT fitted
• in the undamaged Manufacturers helmet box
• packaging must not be damaged and must be in a re-saleable condition
If any of these criteria are not met, we will refuse to exchange or refund the helmet or other item.
Please note that there is no refund on the parts specially ordered.